November 18, 2012

An aMAZE-ing Group of Girls!


A couple of weeks ago, Cheryl and I had a blast getting to know an awesome group of girls at Camp Crooked Lane’s aMAZE Overnight!
 We worked through the first four sessions of the aMAZE Journey, fulfilling the requirements for the Interact Award, including:
·         designing our own note cards to surprise three friends
·         identifying stereotypes used in TV shows and movies
·         watching a movie featuring cliques, and discussing how cliques resemble (or not) the cliques we see at school
The best thing, though, was watching the girls reach out and talk with girls they haven’t met before. When the night began, each troop sat at their own table. After a couple of hours, the groups were so mixed and mingled that I forgot who belonged to which troop! At council programs, we try to mix up groups often (it’s fun getting to know new people), but I’ve never seen the mixing work quite so well. It was absolutely aMAZE-ing! What a great group of girls. I know I had fun and I think they did, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment