November 26, 2012

Girl Scouts just got “PINteresting”!!


More and more these days, society spends hours online chatting it up on social media sites, reading entertainment and educational blogs, and surfing the web for great deals and DIY ideas. I know when I see something I like I don’t want to forget about it so I used to either email it to myself or bookmark it on my computer. Then about a year ago I discovered something that would change my virtual world! A simple way to compile all the great things I find online from delicious recipes, to must see travel spots, to DIY home ideas; it was just one word… PINTEREST!
If you are an avid pinner, you can understand my excitement. It’s a website that allows you to pin things online to a personal account in a bulletin board type format. You can follow friends, like or re-pin boards, or simply browse just one word and discover a whole new world of inspiration.


So, that’s exactly what I did! I typed “Girl Scouts” in the search bar and voila, my webpage was filled with remarkable crafts, stories about our history, recipe ideas using our delicious cookies, and so much more. Then I discovered that Girl Scouts of the USA has a Pinterest page as well. They have individual boards for each Girl Scout level, a Cookie Program board, STEM projects, Highest Awards, and so much more! I think it’s a great way for Girl Scouts, volunteers, and parents/guardians to get inspired with motivational stories, amazing craft ideas, and to stay connected with others in the Girl Scout community! It can take your Girl Scout experience to a whole new level and give you more opportunities to do a world of good!
Follow Girl Scouts USA here: http://pinterest.com/gsusa/

No comments:

Post a Comment