Ah, New Year’s Eve, that magical time of year when we take time out of our busy schedules to make resolutions for the upcoming year (which we immediately forget). Every year I struggle with the question, do I make resolutions or not? In an effort to avoid the guilty feelings of not keeping my resolutions, I am taking a different approach. This year I will make a list of 13 awesome things to do in 2013 (and all the ways Girl Scouts can help).
13 Awesome Things to Do in 2013
- Start a new hobby.
- How about ceramics? Join the Clay Crazy* art series, learn from professional artists, and have a blast!
- Learn a new skill.
- Learn all about how is book is made, earn your Book Artist badge, and make a memory book at Become a Bookmaster.*
- Feel like Katniss? Try the Archery Pick a Program.*
- Try a new kind of food.
- Try a new restaurant or make your own new food at home and earn part of your New Cuisines badge.
- Make a gift for someone.
- Write a book/short story/poem. See if you can get it published.
- Join The Next Famous Author*program and get your creative juices going.
- Check out these great badges: Scribe, Screenwriter, and Novelist.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Girl Scout camps, enough said.
- Try a new sport.
- Try a winter sport at Ski Spree or Ice Skating Extravaganza.*
- Try your hand at a mud-run style program at one of our camps.
- Learn about a new culture.
- Learn about celebrations all over the world at Kenyon College at Word Thinking Day: Celebrate the World.*
- Take a trip.
- Join us in
Learn to say hello and goodbye in 13 languages.
10. Read 13 new books.
11. Visit a museum.
12. Do a service project.
13. Check out the Girl Scout Journeys for Take Action Projects!
*Look for these programs in the Winter myGSOH!